Partner / Labour / Professional Regulation
Kirsty Niglas-Collins is a Partner of Unified LLP and leader of the firm’s Labour group. Kirsty is an experienced and capable litigator who frequently appears at a range of professional regulatory colleges, labour arbitrations and human rights tribunals. She regularly provides advice on all aspects of the collective bargaining relationship and the professional regulation of Union members.
Kirsty brings a fearless advocacy to her work for Unions and their members who have been relying on her advice for the best part of a decade. Her analytical skills and attention to detail combined with big picture thinking allows her to navigate the ever-changing framework of labour law to the benefit of her clients. In addition to labour arbitrations, Kirsty has appeared at the Ontario Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario.
Kirsty is a trailblazer – from her position as the first articling student at a large Ontario Union, to building her own practice and her talented team, to her role as the only female partner at Unified LLP – she breaks barriers wherever she goes.
- Bluewater District School Board v Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation, District 7, 2020 CanLII 77141
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation and Limestone District School Board, 2019 CarswellOnt 677, 138 C.L.A.S. 233
- Thames Valley District School Board and OSSTF, District 11, Re 2018 CarswellOnt 16635; 137 C.L.A.S. 204
- Tsui v. Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation, 2016 CanLII 33619
- Ontario College of Teachers v Shaikh, 2016 ONOCT 101
- College of Teachers v. Worthy, 2015 ONOCT 90
- J.D., University of Toronto
- M.A., University of St. Andrews
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers
- Ontario Bar Association – Member of the Labour and Employment Group