What can Unified LLP do to help me?

Unified LLP are experienced Landlord and Tenant lawyers offering efficient, productive, and effective representation in residential tenancy disputes. 

Landlord and tenant law can be complex and at times result in disputes. These disputes can in turn lead to complicated legal proceedings. It is our objective to assist parties in restoring their relationships, however, we also understand that sometimes it is best to terminate a relationship and move forward.

Our lawyers offer assistance and representation at the Landlord and Tenant Board across Ontario including Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Hamilton, Kitchener, and Waterloo.

What kind of services do you offer?

We offer support, expertise, and practical advice to deal with a variety of housing issues. We can assist with providing general advice, drafting lease agreements, completing Landlord and Tenant Board forms, and providing representation at the Landlord and Tenant Board.

The Landlord and Tenant Board is facing considerable delays and it can take a number of months to secure a hearing date. Therefore, it is crucial that all necessary steps are completed accurately, and proper procedures are followed. If the rules are not followed, files could be dismissed at the hearing, requiring parties to start all over again which involves more time and money. To avoid these expensive complications, call one of our lawyers before you start the process. 

The Landlord and Tenant Board adjudicates thousands of applications per year. Some of the most common applications dealt with by the Board are:

  • L1: Application to Evict a Tenant for Non-Payment of Rent and to Collect Rent the Tenant Owes,
  • L2: Application to End a Tenancy and Evict a Tenant or Collect Money,
  • T2: Application about Tenant Rights,
  • T5: Landlord Gave a Notice of Termination in Bad Faith, and
  • T6: Tenant Application about Maintenance.

Forms before the Landlord and Tenant Board are often filled out inaccurately by tenants and landlords and can result in serious legal consequences. Common forms used at the Landlord and Tenant Board that are regularly filed inaccurately include the following:

  • N1: Notice of Rent Increase
  • N4: Notice to End a Tenancy Early for Non-payment of Rent
  • N5: Notice to End your Tenancy for Interfering with Others, Damage or Overcrowding
  • N6: Notice to End your Tenancy for Illegal Acts or Misrepresenting Income in a Rent-Geared-to-Income Rental Unit
  • N7: Notice to End your Tenancy for Causing Serious Problems in the Rental Unit or Residential Complex
  • N11: Agreement to End the Tenancy
  • N12: Notice to End your Tenancy because the Landlord, a Purchaser or a Family Member Requires the Rental Unit
  • N13: Notice to End your Tenancy Because the Landlord Wants to Demolish the Rental Unit, Repair it or Convert it to Another Use

Our Landlord and Tenant Lawyers can help. Please contact us if you are facing a landlord and tenant issue, be it a landlord not making repairs, an issue with rent, or something else.

How much does it cost to hire a Landlord and Tenant Lawyer Toronto?

We offer free 20-minute consultations on all Landlord and Tenant matters.  

We offer a range of options including the following unbundled services:

  • Summary advice
  • Assistance with forms
  • Communication with your landlord or tenant 
  • In-person, phone, or video support

We also offer full representation, through a variety of cost-effective packages, full representation includes:

  • Legal advice on your case
  • Completion and filing of forms
  • Communication with your landlord or tenant 
  • Ongoing in-person, phone, or video support
  • Representation in negotiations and mediation
  • Hearing and evidence preparation
  • Representation before the Tribunal

Call us at 416-222-3375. / Email us

What are your areas of expertise?

As your landlord and tenant lawyer in Toronto, we can assist with a variety of housing needs:

  • Ontario landlord and tenant board issues
  • Tenant rights Toronto issues
  • Tenant rights Ontario issues
  • Landlord rights Ontario issues
  • Landlord Tenant Act Ontario issues
  • Providing tenant legal advice for Toronto
  • Providing landlord legal advice for Ontario and Toronto
  • Residential Tenancies Act issues
  • Tenant responsibilities in Ontario issues
  • Landlord responsibilities in Ontario issues

We have a firm understanding of landlord and tenant law in Ontario and can help you through any challenge you may face. As your Landlord or Tenant Lawyer in Toronto, we will leverage all our skills, experience, and knowledge to ensure that you reach the best outcome possible in your dispute.